Alpharetta, GA (July 18, 2022) – CEDIA Expo, the platform where residential technology integration, design and construction professionals connect, learn, and engage, announces reinvigorated educational programming. CEDIA Expo will feature over 150 sessions, including the CEDIA Expo Conference, manufacturer product trainings and show floor stage sessions. Curated by CEDIA, the global membership association for the home technology industry, CEDIA Expo Conference will feature many brand-new sessions, including all-new wellness track and lighting tracks. The program includes the return of “Ask the Experts,” a popular open forum session, and a Spanish-language track. This year’s CEDIA Expo includes the debut of the CEDIA Advocacy Town Hall, a free session about the legislative and regulatory issues facing the home technology industry.
“A key component to CEDIA Expo is the professional development and education available at the event for attendees,” said Jason McGraw, CTS, group vice president for CEDIA Expo and KBIS, Emerald. “Together, the conference programming and the exhibit floor offer a unique value for attendees by providing the opportunity to educate and grow. Attendees can go forth and apply the knowledge as they discover new technologies on the exhibit floor. This year’s CEDIA Expo Conference program, which CEDIA curates, will feature events for everyone.”
“CEDIA Expo is our industry’s best peer-to-peer learning opportunity,” says Amanda Beckner, CTS, vice president of education and training for CEDIA. “Attendees will learn directly from presenters and exhibitors, but you’ll also learn a great deal from the way their peers react – to both sessions and booths. There truly is no substitute for this kind of in-person experience.”
The CEDIA Expo Conference brings world-class advocacy, connection and education to the home technology community through formal training and professional advancement, advocacy activations, and insightful speakers on emerging trends. The CEDIA Expo Conference program includes a diverse mix of formats, including thought-provoking seminars, engaging panels and interactive half-day workshops. A few highlights include:
- In this year’s free Keynote presentation, Greg Durkin, founder and CEO of Guts+Data, will kick off the conference with a deep dive into entertainment technology and content. Durkin will discuss the implications of the fragmented content landscape for the connected home experience and the invaluable opportunities for integrators in the fast-evolving digital media landscape.
- Over half of this year’s sessions are brand new, including two new tracks. The all-new wellness track explores the design, verification, and customer positioning of wellness technology solutions; meanwhile, the all-new lighting track focuses on one of the fastest-growing solutions areas in the industry.
- Join CEDIA for breakfast at its first-ever Advocacy Town Hall, free and open to all CEDIA Expo attendees. It will explore advancing the smart home technology industry and fighting for its governmental rights.
- Industry-leading manufacturers, including Crestron, Legrand and Sound United, among many other brands, will present hands-on training, new product information and live questionnaires on the latest technology during CEDIA Expo’s manufacturer product training (MPT) courses.
- Attendees can take advantage of the end-to-end CEDIA certification pathway, including the ANSI-accredited CIT and IST certifications, with preparation sessions, onsite testing, and tools to leverage certification.
At CEDIA Expo Conference, attendees can expect a host of educational topics, including audio, business, certification prep, networking, and emerging trends, to name a few. Attendees looking for business advice will find courses on everything from incorporating new products into their sales pitches to growing profits from products they’re already selling. This year’s CEDIA Expo Conference will forge new connections between peers, manufacturers, opportunities and ideas while leading the industry with training on new markets and emerging technology.
Individuals interested in attending CEDIA Expo 2022 from September 29 – October 1, 2022, in Dallas, TX, can register online. Non-CEDIA members should register before July 29 to receive Super Saver prices for show floor and training passes.
About CEDIA Expo
CEDIA Expo, owned by Emerald, is THE platform where residential technology integrators, designers and construction professions connect, learn, and engage. CEDIA Expo brings together thousands of home tech pros and hundreds of exhibitors to the leading event for smart home technology. For more information, please visit cediaexpo.com.
Emerald’s talented and experienced team grows our customers’ businesses 365 days a year through connections, content, and commerce. We expand connections that drive new business opportunities, product discovery, and relationships with over 140 annual events, matchmaking, and lead-gen services. We create content to ensure that our customers are on the cutting edge of their industries and are continually developing their skills. And we power commerce through efficient year-round buying and selling. We do all this by seamlessly integrating in-person and digital platforms and channels. Emerald is immersed in the industries we serve and committed to supporting the communities in which we operate. As true partners, we create experiences that inspire, amaze, and deliver breakthrough results. For more information, please visit emeraldx.com.
CEDIA® is the global membership association that serves the home technology industry through advocacy, connection, and education. Founded in 1989, CEDIA fights for the rights and interests of its members in governmental bodies around the world, gathers industry professionals worldwide, and creates the training, standards, and certifications that ensure the industry excels and attracts new workers. CEDIA co-owns Integrated Systems Europe, the world’s largest AV and systems integration exhibition, and founded CEDIA Expo, the world’s largest annual residential technology show. Today, over 30,000 CEDIA members deliver home technology solutions that enrich our lives. Learn more about CEDIA at www.cedia.net.
Morgan Lawrence, APR, Director of Communications
THE rAVe Agency
Mobile: (419) 631-8052
Jessica Guyon, Content Manager, CEDIA
+1 317 222 3252